Saturday, July 11, 2015

Returning Home

July 11, 2015

Jambo!
I am safe and sound! Just landed after 30 hours of traveling. It has been long, exhausting, and uncomfortable (if you have ever had to sit upright for 9 hours and try to sleep, then you know how I'm feeling). 

With each new plane I board and every time my legs become stiff, I have to remind myself that I will not be sitting on this plane forever. I will get to sleep comfortably and stretch my legs again. 

As much as I despise long plane rides, I know that I'd take this long journey again in a heartbeat if it meant I got to see my kiddos again. And that's what I'm doing! 

I'm going back to the place I fell so in love with a year ago! I get to wrap my arms around orphans who have been through unimaginable circumstances. 

I get to hold children who were never held by their own parents. 

I get to see the love of Jesus constantly on display. I get to help set up a new medical clinic and remind 230 orphans that Jesus is our ultimate healer. 

I get to go home!

I have so many butterflies in my tummy, and I just can't believe this is happening! 

In a couple hours I will be reunited with some of my best friends in the entire world! And I would not be on my way right now if it weren't for all of you who sacrificed your time praying for me and listening to me talk for hours about my experience here last year. 

If you hadn't sacrificed financially, I would not have been able to purchase my plane ticket. I cannot express how grateful I am for each and every one of you.
 
Please continue to keep my team and I in your prayers as we head to the orphanage in the morning and spend the next 2 weeks there.

Asante Sana (thank you very much)

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment