Saturday, June 14, 2014

Kenya Day 1

June 15, 2014

Traveling is exhausting -- three continents in 30 hours! 

A week ago I had never even been out of the country (unless you count going to Puerto Rico which is a US territory so it's technically not another country). 

I remember a year ago I was pleading with God to let me go to Africa. I so badly wanted to share Christ's love with people across the world and fulfill the great commission. And here I am. Our Father was listening to my prayers and had it planned for me to go on this trip before I was even born. He knew I would cry out to Him for an opportunity like this and so He brought this trip before me. 

I'm currently in Nairobi, Kenya waiting for the rest of my team to wake up (jetlag is real) so that we can eat breakfast and make our way over to the Fiwagoh Mission Orphanage and School. 

I know that The Lord has amazing things planned for us all and I can't wait to see how He uses us to change the lives of the orphans and how He uses the orphans to change our lives as well.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Shelby, we will be praying for you and for amazing things to happen through you.

    Tom Horn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby, if the school needs fresh, clean water, you mom has plenty of pump friends that can help them find/filter/ and flow. God bless your mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're there and raring to go. Have fun while you do God's work. God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete